April 7, 2014

Forest Falls

Untitled

My original post for today ended up being a bust due to the insane winds we've been having. So instead here is a post that I never got around to from last August.
I'm not very wordy today (long weekend and photoshoot bust makin' me cranky), but hopefully the location makes up for it. This is seriously one of my favourite places in all of the State.


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

We spent my Birthday last year up in Forest Falls. We took an absolutely wonderful meal of grilled chicken, pasta salad, and green salad and ate at the picnic/state park area. My mom and Bri turned out little picnic site into a magical woodland creature haven. The joke is that I've always said if I ever get married it will be here in a party fit for Fairy Folk, so they took the idea and ran with it. It was pretty much perfect. We had cherry, blueberry, & raspberry handpies for desert and I got a GoPro! Afterwards we hiked up to the waterfall and swam for a while.


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

The water was icy cold and the weather perfectly cool. Forest Falls is kind of hidden in a valley, and doesn't get as hot as the surrounding areas, which is pretty much the best thing ever in the Summertime.


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled

It was a pretty wonderful day.
I'm hoping to make it back up there before I leave (and actually remember my camera! These were all taken on my phone) and explore more of the actual hiking trail.

If you ever find yourself in So Cal, this is definitely worth the trip.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment